Tuesday, September 04, 2007

What good is street cred if you don't risk it once in awhile

So my new pod (new school year/new pod) arrived Friday, and it's more like a stick than a pod, but it's still a Sony because I had to transfer my ATRAC downloads from the current pod to another Sony or else lose everything ... which, based on an email sent by Sony the day after I purchased the pink stick, is what will happen anyway when Sony sells out to Windows Media next March.

Whatever.

Until then I'm a crazy down-loadin' fool.

This little gem holds 1 gb of music, which is 3x the old pod -- and cheaper than the old pod ... go figure.

So I've loaded the old pod's music, plus some CD's, plus some fine samples of AM Gold: The Troggs, Johnny Mathis, Del Shannon, Irma Thomas, Neil Diamond, Andrew Gold ("Oh what a lonely boy..."), Sweet, The Crystals, The Ronettes, Elvis doing "Kentucky Rain", The Partridge Family, 2 count-em TWO songs from the Xanadu soundtrack, The 5th Dimension, Lobo ("Baby. I'd love you to want me.") -- and then some of the best pop ever put on vinyl/digital download: Ultravox, Roxy Music, Duran Duran, Visage (which might as well be Ultravox), Big Country, Colourbox doing up "Just Give 'em Whiskey" which has samples from The Prisoner ... dude ... feckin' Blur, The Jam ...

Still. Not. Full.

Mark Ronson featuring Daniel Merriweather, Richard Hawley, Stereolab, Gnarls Barkley, Outkast, Peter Bjorn and John, Sebadoh.

Still not full.

I have no idea what I'll do when I have to convert all this junk to Windows Media, but more than that, I can't get my head around what the kids do with 30 gb on the Apple pods.

That's just obscene.

Current tune as I type this: "The End". Dude, the cousin/roommate was right, this is totally the part where they kill the water buffalo in Apocalypse Now ... far out, man ...

No comments: