Wednesday, August 01, 2007

will these hands ne'er be clean?

Yesterday cousin/roommate and I had another blowup about why I'm an asshole, and it made me think of what makes other people assholes, and then I came into work and figured it out.

Every day some jerk is taking an inch out of me over stupid, trivial crap. It's usually because they think that the company I work for is somehow screwing them over, as if that was an American business policy. And that made me sad -- not only that people are "stupid, panicky animals" (to quote Tommy Lee Jones), but also because I take that home with me.

Jaysis, I was so relaxed after the vacation and it's completely blown apart after only 2 weeks back at work.

I know you're not supposed to take what these people say as a personal attack, but when the phone call starts with "I own my own business and you work for somebody else. Get it?" it's hard to let it roll off without some residual grime hanging on your neck. Today I asked someone for a correct phone number (the one on their order was wrong) and got this response: "You don't want to ship? - Fine! Cancel the Order! I'll buy from other merchants!"

I mean what the f**k is that?! Over a fecking phone number? It's crazy sad.

I need another vacation.

No comments: