Saturday, April 07, 2007

psyche!

Saturday Market started today, which means fresh parsley in the tortilla rolls tonight (whoo hoo). And I finally worked up the nerve to put my name down on the waiting list for the psychic next to the sushi station (or is it the crepe place ... non lo so ... anyway). She looks like she knows her business and doesn't have "Affirmation Station" or angel voices advertised on her booth, so I figure she probably rates a little higher than the other ones. My time was 11:20. I get there at 11:10 and her customers from 11:00 leave, but there are some friends who have stopped by to chit-chat, so I wait, and some woman walks up and I think she's with the chit-chatters, but she's not because she stops at the list and picks up the pen ....... and then she sits down. And I wait a bit and psychic starts to flip her cards and she asks woman "remind me when your birthday is again" and it's a feckin' reading. So I check the list and my name has been crossed out (!).

Dude, if she's not psychic enough to know that I was muscled out then she clearly isn't psychic enough to tell me anything worth $20.

No comments: