Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Nonrebel With a Cause

I'm starting to get really, really aggravated over the house situation. There is f-all going on in this town that doesn't already have 30 college kids arm-wrestling over it. We're reaching the point where I'm going to have to cry on the phone to the landlord and ask for another month and I'm tired of fecking crying on the phone to landlords! wahh wahhh please rent to us. wahh wahh she's just a small cat. I can't believe that it's harder to find a house in Eugene than it was to find an apartment in San Francisco. That's really weird to me.

In 20C Lit yesterday we started watching "Rebel Without a Cause" because it features the weakening of the American male after World War II (which, honestly, you can get from just about any Nicholas Ray film) and when Jim tells the cop and future Chief of C.O.N.T.R.O.L. that he "just wants to hit something" I thought ... yeah ... me too ... Although I suspect that if I tried to beat up a desk (or loaf of bread) my reaction would be the same as Jim's










only more so.

No comments: