Monday, March 05, 2007

Yo Lo Tango

During t'ai chi practice we sometimes get interrupted by people who want to use the room we're in. Since we're space-squatters we let people in, but most of the time they're working on karate or hip-hop dance or something that crowds us out.

Last Friday we had tango dancers.

It was kind of crazy at first to try and focus the chi while listening to Astor Piazzolla, but then it started to sink in and it turns out that Astor's really great for chi'ing ... I think so anyway. And maybe they think so in China. Based on what I've learned in Chinese Religions (aside from other, more important things) in Chinese parks they'll have t'ai chi in one corner and ballroom dancing in the other corner. Maybe they tango ... could be ...

These guys were really good too. I know, weird that two men were dancing a tango, but they would switch off leading. Did the back kicks and everything.

I think the instructor was my Uncle Bob.

No comments: