Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Here's what happened: The test was only half about grammar usage. The other half was defining and identifying grammar terms. 20 years ago in high school I would be able to tell you what a prepositional phrase is or a subordinate clause or any of that other junk. Now? Now I had to guess. But, honestly, is the editor of the Small Town Bee going to tell you to fix the spelling on that sentence and make it PUNCH out of the page? Or are they going to say "Can you change the gerund in the second independent clause to an intransitive verb?" Honestly.

I don't think I'm giving anything away on this blog. Those who actually get into the class will be told to study what I'm blogging about now. It's not like I'm putting down actual questions (although I can remember 2 of them and I'll sell them for $1 a piece).

I can take the test again, so now that I know what I'm up against I'm buying the book that goes with the grammar class (the class was full). By the way, the book is $78.25 and it's written by the professor of the class and it comes with a workbook, which means that there are no used ones, which ... hey ... wait a minute .......)

STUDENT EXPOSES TEXTBOOK SCAM

No comments: