Sunday, January 21, 2007

mmmmm crow

I didn't intend to post again about the InDesign class, but...

When signing up for this class we were barked at about the following:
- be there or miss out (which I've blogged about already).
- be there on time and if you're in one of the 8am classes, don't party the night before, because the information is intensive. It's 4 hours to learn detailed design software.
- eat before you come, because the class is 4 hours long.
- make sure you can log in to the system by logging in to one of the other computers in the lab BEFORE you take the class. The IT guys don't work on Saturday and if there are any problems you need to know before you show up.

Yesterday I heard the following student remarks, one after the other:
"Dude, I'm so tired." "I know. I'm totally starving."

and, my favorite, which caused real student tears and almost made me sad, but not quite:
- I can't log in.
- Did you go to the lab to log in before this class?
- No.
- Then you can't take this class today. You won't be able to open the programs.
- But!
- I can't help you. You were told to log in 2 weeks ago.
- I know, but!

Conclusion: students really are as stupid as the professors think they are.

No comments: