Monday, December 11, 2006

Work + Holidays = Hangover

What I've done instead of the stuff that needs doing ...:
- won booze at 2 Christmas parties on 2 consecutive nights
- saw the new Bond picture and it's gooooooooooooood
- slept. a lot.

Daniel Craig is the new best Bond. Go ahead, crack me one, but he's even better than Connery. Now, I'm not saying he's better looking than Sean, by any stretch. But in terms of being the book-Bond, he's spot on.

Unrelated, but worthy of note: Next weekend is my grandmother's memorial service. She was a game gal, that gramma. I don't have any of her pictures from her chorus girl days (because she supposedly tore them all up, although I saw one once at my Great Uncle Paul's house) so I can't post one that features her, but I think one of the joys she had of being in a Busby Berkeley chorus was the anonymity mixed with the glamour.

She could be any of the dancers in this photo (or none of them), and I have a feeling that that's the way she liked it. Fancy dress, big show job, and no one ever has to know you were once a part of it ... unless you have grandchildren who needle you constantly for stories about it ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your Grandma. Talk to you soon...S