Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Happiest Place - Part 2 "What's That?"

(I could study for finals, but ...)

This is my niece, Francesca. She's great, but she doesn't really know who I am. Her favorite question: "Grandma, what's that?" Meaning what's me, meaning who's me. Her second favorite question was "Name?" By the end of the second day we were all sorted out. Of course by the end of the second day we were all going home.

This is one of the main reasons I distrust Disneyland:
Terror in Toon Town.


There are mountains in Orange County. They're back there somewhere, but where? Those green things aren't real! And is that the sky? It's so hard to tell! Where am I? Oh Godddddddddd.


For Thanksgiving there was a choice of pretzel & beer (mmmmm) or large corndog, then, to finish it off there was Disney pot roast or Disney turkey. I had the pot roast, which couldn't touch J's recipe, except that the brown gravy was good in a brown gravy way (but you can't really screw up brown gravy). But I digress, I had the pot roast, which, though technically non-trad., sat better in the belly than the turkey, based on after-dinner reviews from the parents.

Here are the parents, by the way.

I take after mom ... no pop ... no more like mom ... or maybe more like pop ...

To round out the trip, cousin/roommate and I were rear-ended on the way back from the Eugene Airport.

me vs. other car ... winner?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see the parents looking happy and healthy...and wearing crazy glasses.

li'l hateful said...

3-D glasses even. They can see for miles and miles and miles and miles and miles.
oh yeah.