Thursday, September 28, 2006

L'il Happiest













See this toddler.
This is my niece.
She is now 3 1/2 years old.
She loves the Disneyland.
For this toddler I will practice the art of Happy.

For this toddler I will spend my Thanksgiving at Disneyland.

So I'll get my Disneyland hate questions out of the way and clear space to begin the slow path -- baby steps. baby steps -- to happy:

1. Why are there no flies at Disneyland? (saw a mosquito once.)(once.)
2. Why do they make it so you can't see outside of the park? And why does that make me hyperventilate?
3. Why is it that every time I go I end up parking in Thumper? (She, along with "Bambi," was one of those bikini-clad assassins from the weirdest scene in "Diamonds Are Forever.")
4. Why do I have to shell out $3.00 + tax for a certified, registered, only-at-Disneyland Carnation ice cream bar? It doesn't taste better than the $1.25 Circle K Carnation ice cream bar.
5. Was the Snow White ride really better on schrooms?

I feel free and happier already. Oh God ... what if she makes me go on It's a Small World?

(Duff Beer for me. Duff Beer for you. I'll have a Duff. You have one too.)

baby steps.

No comments: