Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Go back, go back, go back, go back...

I was thinking back today (and yesterday and the day before) about my first car: a 1964 beige Ford Falcon Station Wagon. Myyyyyyyyyy she was yar. 2 doors, with a crank-down back window ... oh man. You don't truly appreciate something until it's gone. I loved Christine. She was the best car ever, even with the rust holes and having to put the tarp on the roof when it rained. I wish I had her back, even in Oregon.

This website not only has a picture of a car just like Christine:













-- it also has a photo of the car I took my driver's test in (not the same car, but an amazing likeness):















The website describes it as "The WORST car ever made." I prefer to see it this way: if you can pass the California driving test in a 1979 Chevette, then you can drive anything anywhere.

No comments: