Sunday, June 18, 2006

Clearing some stuff out

Just to list a few things:
- Since school ended I've been sleeping or watching TV or both at the same time. I have accomplished nothing of worth. I will note that I have missed my god-daughter's 16th birthday, her mother's graduation from college and her brother's graduation from junior high. Q.E.D.: I suck.

- Our new neighbors have a child who screams all day. This is not an exaggeration. It's his way of communicating and it's not only allowed to continue, but the parents answer to it. I predict he will grow up to be a Loud Talker that people will avoid everywhere except the frat house.

- Yesterday I took the cousin/roommate out miniature golfing for his birfday. On the course ahead of us was a hideous family of hideous people with a 2/3 year-old named Ben. Like Screaming Child next-door, Ben was allowed the freedom to growl, strike things with his golf club and wander aimlessly into other groups. "He's a handful, isn't he?" was the only excuse given for his behavior. This bon mot was followed by the request (which was made to complete strangers): "Can you keep an eye on him for a second?" Why, because making that hole is too important for you to corral your young 'un? Yeah, mini-golf is a tough racket. You want to keep your eye on the game at all times.

- So far grades are 2 A's (Shakespeare and - way - Creative Writing). Asked the parents what I get for a 4.0 this term. Answer: "A diploma?" Thanks, pop. Are you coming to my graduation in 3 years? "If you pay for us to come up there." ma dai.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn. The kids are growing up. I suck as a godfather.

Are you watching any of the World Cup?

li'l hateful said...

Actually, that's one for the accomplishment side. I've watched a lot of Cup action. I'm looking forward to cheering on the eye-ties Thursday. (As if we could beat Ghana and make it worthwhile. Those guys are spunky.) Vincerete, l'americani! Non perderete. Segnera, Reyna! Feck me but the English are playing like mooks. Wait until they have to face a real team and they'll drop like a bag of dirt.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, England can't seem to get it togther. They'll lose tonight and be out of it. Can't get behind the italians this year and Brazil is looking old and slow...slow for Brazil anyway, they still can beat just about anyone. And what's up with France? I'm sitting here in Zurich right now and just watched a highlight real of England's performances in the World Cup. Sorry, but Seaman really yacked it in 02...seriously...they should have beaten Brazil.

I gave a training class in Lausanne yesterday right during the Switzerland match. Didn't have a very big turnout

Anyone but Germany. Or, Argentina.

li'l hateful said...

He did NOT yack it. As if anyone could have stopped that nutcase kick from Ronaldinho. It was a total fluke! And maybe having the offense score a few would have helped as well. yah yah yah.