Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Tuesday

I control my own checkbook.

If I want to go to Vegas with my mom and throw a $20 in the slot machine or buy a personal electronic or unnecessary fashion accessory I only have to answer to myself ... and maybe the government when student loans come due ... and credit card companies, but not spouse or partner, who can argue with a lot more fire than credit card companies can (although they're on par with collection agencies, I guess). I don't have to worry about what will happen to junior's college fund or baby's future wedding. It's all mine, mine, mine.

mine.

2 comments:

Lesli Larson said...

Adding to this my own personal finacial refrain which I'm applying to all life advice matters these days (borrowing from Cabaret):

For the sun will rise
And the moon will set
And learn how to settle
For what you get.
It will all go on if we're here or not
So who cares? So what?
So who cares? So what?

li'l hateful said...

stoic.