Monday, May 29, 2006

recalled to life - if you call this living

(to paraphrase Daffy Duck)
(actually, my favorite Daffy line is "I would like? I would like a trip to Europe.")

Another friend married off. It was an open bar wedding and that made all the difference. Met a resident surgeon at Columbia University and we both liked vodka. E stato bene. I wasn't overly impressed with the town of Ft Collins, but I guess it could grow on you if you lived there long enough. There seems to be plenty to do. The combination of jet lag, allergies and altitude probably killed any interest I could have generated in the town, but that's not necessarily the fault of Ft. Collins. Or it is. Or not really. Or it's too soon to tell.

What I'm really saying is ... erm ... HELLO EUGENE! ARE YOU READY TO ROCK?

No, that's not it. But it's good to be back in familiar surroundings: rain, other allergies, Cat trying to pull the catnip down from the windowsill... etc... it's good to be back in the comfort zone.

So, who else thinks that Shakespeare has centered Hamlet on the spindle of male bonding and trust, as illustrated by the father-son dynamics of Polonius/Laertes, Ghost Dad/Hamlet, Claudius/Hamlet? (It's due on Friday and this is the best I've come up with. I blame jet lag.)

No comments: