Friday, May 26, 2006

Friday

The bathroom is mine

This doesn't mean that I don't share the bathroom, because we only have one in the house and the cousin/roommate's got to go somewhere. What I mean ... actually, here's a little story about what I mean.

I used to work for a company that made water heaters (someone's got to). I worked for the Vice President of Engineering. Jack, being an engineer, followed distinct patterns: he wore cowboy boots with everything and at 10:35 and 2:15 every day he was in the men's room. Every day.

One afternoon the Vice President of Sales called for Jack. He needed him right away and told me to go find him. It was 2:15.

Me: "You know what time it is. I can't get him out of there."
Sales VP: "Sure you can. Go on! I've got to talk to him now. I'm on a plane in 3 minutes."
Me: "But, the bathroom is Sanctuary."

Sales VP: "You must not be married."

No comments: