Sunday, May 07, 2006

Better Red Than ...

Many moons ago, before the silver bird drove me across the border into Oregon, I used to have red hair. It was, arguably, a monthly pain in the a** to dye it, and the damage control is outrageous, but the benefits were great. So much better than the brown hair. I mean, Betty is a betty, but she doesn't have streaks of white, if you know what I'm saying. "And let me be even more frank," as Woltz would say in The Godfather ... Dark brown doesn't get me play.

Once I hit 35 (ish) I decided it was time to put away childish hair color and be the woman that God intended me to be.

Subsequently, I have been moody, depressed, perpetually irritated and, overall, not much fun.

Yesterday I was feeling daffy and set myself down to be cut and colored (20% off at Hair Masters - act now!). Since that time I have been brighter (it's really brassy), happier and only marginally worried about how my eyebrows don't exactly match. But, this morning was the true test: "What's that movie where Julie Christie is naked?" - Black and white or color? - "Color and it has Donald Sutherland." - If he's psychic it's Don't Look Now directed by Nicholas Roeg. -

Children, I have never seen this movie before in my life. I double-checked in the Video Hound and was pleased to see that with the return of the red there has been a spike in my obscure (to me) movie memory knowledge.

Hail red!

No comments: