Saturday, January 21, 2006

Flushing the Books Down the Toi-Toi

"I know what you're thinking ... did he fire 6 shots or only 5? In the excitement I lost track myself..."
The boy's watching "Dirty Harry." I hate to say it, but it sounds pretty impressive coming through the stereo speakers.

So yesterday I dealt with failure. If I don't have an F on the Italian exam, then I'm pretty sure it's a mid to low D. I feel confident that the oral part is correct, but the rest of it was a complete mystery -- especially the essay about what Anna did all day (worth 24 points) using verbi reflessivi. Then, in history, the quiz was on 2 essays we were supposed to have read. What? We were supposed to read essays? I only saw the part about "bring your atlas." Mothercorker! I think I faked it well-enough and I got to sit next to Eli, the brilliant little 18 year-old Biochemestry major, so the sting wasn't too bad. I think I need to cut out some hours at work. It shouldn't be this hard to take 14 credits.

Upside: I think I've impressed the Writing instructor, I'm learning new moves in t'ai chi (and I was the only one in the class on Thursday, so I finally got the T'ai-Chi-Man talking ... he used to be a farmer and he has 2 kids), we're burning copies of "Throne of Blood" and "Night and the City," so I can relax with Richard Widmark and Toshiro Mifune any time I need to, and tonight Manny "PacMan"Pacquiao is fighting Erik "El Terrible" Morales. Will this balance out the failure? I sure hope so.

No comments: