Monday, December 05, 2005

This is the end ... my friend

Things I'm going to do now that school is over:
1. finally see the bottom of my laundry basket
2. read books I want to read instead of ones I have to read (starting with "One Hundred Years of Solitude" ... strangely not as much my autobiography as the title made me think it was)
3. get around to thanking silvia and mark for the gifts from sweden/denmark/norway n' stuff (dude, the double lighter is effing brilliant)
4. catch up on my port drinking
.... wait. I've already done that one
5. call friends and family who think this monkey's gone to heaven (sheryl, did you already have the baby? he's in high school now, isn't he?)
6. clean the house. ach! you have no idea what a sty it is here what with the boy's clothes piled in the library, all of those electronic wires and parts on the kitchen table, the pieces of stereo equipment on the floor of the living room ...... hey ... wait a minute ...

digression----
song lyric that makes me happy:
"Meet me on my vast veranda"
The Decemberists are the bestest.

No comments: