Sunday, November 27, 2005

Ton for Ton

Dude, I ate too much. The annual feast was just insane with the pot roast, turkey, potatoes, the beets, those fantastic prunes that taste like candy, the greens, and my GOD the pies. And you have to eat it all because it's all really, really good. There are pictures, and I honestly meant to post them, but I'm too sluggish to get up and download them from the camera. The library suddenly seems way too far away ... being on the other side of the bathroom ... about 12 feet down the hall ... if you'd call it a hall since it's really only a kind of short, narrow bit of carpet. I'll lumber my Jabba body down there at some point so I can show off the way my cousin made the patitza.

It was good to see the older brother too. He's a quiet type, with a good heart. This time he actually stayed with us at the house instead of at the Hilton. I think it's better if he stays here, but he probably missed having his own bathroom and a heater.

Friday we battled the mall crowds to see the new Harry Potter picture. I liked it, but the last one was just a little bit better. (Maybe it was the addition of David Thewlis, because that always pegs a film up a few notches.) That whole tournament thing with the drowning in the lake really bothered me. The death of that guy didn't bother me as much. He was cute and all, but since they all could have died during the wizard thing anyway ... well, it leaves one with the impression that life is pretty bloody cheap at Hogwarts.

That is all.

No comments: