Wednesday, October 26, 2005

If I had a hammer, I'd toot my own horn

Okay, I built a bridge and got over the whole grammar thing -- mostly because Mr. Writing 121 gave me 100% on my first essay -- 100 out of 100, yo. Is this one of the benefits of curve grading? I just don't know ... but I suspect and that's almost the same as knowing, but without the actual knowledge.

Plus I seemed to have also snowed over the Comp Lit instructor who gave me an A on my first paper in that class. She also keeps giving me 10/10 on the quizzes. pffft I was totally going to drop that class because I thought I was blowing it.

Hopefully these classes will balance me against Italian, where I'm stuck in a B-rut (brut?). Frickin' languages don't give you any space to maneuver. You have to know that the word is spelled spiaggia and it's come stai not sta when you're speaking informally. Mama mia, there's just no way to finagle it with those people.

No comments: