Friday, October 07, 2005

Ciao, il blog!

Today is my first big exam in Italian and I've been pretty focused on it. I've been dreaming in Italian (can't remember if there were celebrities, thanks for nothin' Alka Selzer Plus), thinking in Italian -- mamma mia! I've even tried reading the Yahoo news in Italian:

Torino 2006, pilota F1 Jarno Trulli portera la torcia olimpica.

This seemed so important to the Italians that it appeared on the front page of Yahoo news (along with La famiglia del divo hollywoodiano Brad Pitt entusiasta della Jolie), but I can't find the translation anywhere on English-spoking sites.

(That's also, by the way, a little reference to "Now, Voyager" -- Bette Davis and Paul Henreid are getting lost riding in a taxi through the mountains of Brazil. "The sign said 'English-spoking driver'," quips Bette.)

I'm thinking Trulli's carrying the torch next year and Ferrari is putting a logo on their car at Suzuka on Saturday or ... something. If these things come true, then I should ace this exam. Otherwise all is in readiness for a typical B-average performance.

Actually, I'm only blogging to blog, I guess. Io ho voglio di blog. Poor Dream Log has had the same entry for about 2 weeks now. Flippin' higher education, n' all.

hmmm .... so there's a tutti pazzi on the way for Angelina and Brad. Is that bene or male?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Google effect sees Blogger...
As soon as the link was placed on the homepage on October 4th, Blogger.com was receiving 50% of its traffic from Google UK- and illustrates just how powerful a link on the Google homepage can be as a traffic ...
Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my park lane hotel london related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.