Monday, September 19, 2005

I'll bet you didn't know ...

Firemen no longer get your cat out of a tree.

I know this because I called them.

Because my cat was in a tree for an hour and a half.

Now, I know an hour and a half is not a long time for a cat to be in a tree, but when she's crying and panting with that slack-jawed, crazy-cat face and your entire neighborhood has been trying to get her down, an hour and a half can really drag.

What got her out? Jax, the boy cat who lives next-door, came by and, rather than cry like a baby and shame herself in front of him, Cat decided to drop 6 feet to the ground ... landing on her back.

So, okay, it was corny to call the fire department, but when Friskies Salmon Dinner doesn't work you tend to reach for the desperate measures.

That said, today is my last Monday at work (it's our the busiest day --- over 500 orders went through the system between Friday and today and I processed 85% of them) and, as usual, the Man was not around all day (he came in at 3) and didn't ask how it went or how we can make next Monday go smoothly when I'm at school instead of chained to the sweatshop. So I decided to leave on time at 4 (and, in an odd twist of craziness, I went in at 7 instead of 5:30) because maybe now's a good time to deal with the new L'il Hateful: the one who comes and goes on time, whether work is done or not. snapity-snap.

Customer of the day:

Me: Thank you for choosing [my workplace], the world's biggest selection of business products! Is this your first visit?
Visitor: +
Visitor: +
Me: I'm sorry. I don't understand
Visitor: oeening new2 baduk game player pro
Visitor: my insocialation of game to play please go
Visitor: trying to key log on intrermnet
Me: You're trying to log into the internet?
Visitor: play checking the thojugh out the pc comuc game play
Me: I'm sorry, we do not have any connection with pc games
Me: We're an office supply company
Me: We sell office supplies (like pens, paper, etc...)
Visitor: lplay web site game in the anteena search
Visitor: no cheat in the price game of bruce yoo yaa
Visitor: every world you request the bug

Every world request the bug ... There's some deeper meaning in that. I know it.

No comments: