Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Stickin' it to the Man

I know I just posted about how I don't post because I'm busy chumming for my boss, but that was before I decided to throw off the good employee gig in favor of sleeping in an extra hour (Sweet Jesus, no! Working at your scheduled time? Noooooooooooooooooooooo) because I'd spent the entire night before getting my virtual ass kicked on X-Box Fight Night.

I went 0-1 as Manny Pacquiao, but that might be because I (Featherweight) was fighting Chris Byrd (Heavyweight). As Ricardo Mayorga I did a little better: 0-1-2, coming to a draw against Sugar Ray Leonard -- losing against Hatton and Tarver, but everyone was losing to Tarver. The cousin/roommate really worked the jab to excellent effect. Even Muhammad Ali and Ricky Hatton had to resort to dirty play. (The opinion being that Ian, as Ali and Hatton, would rather throw a fight than risk losing the decision -- but he's a Spurs supporter, so...)

Of course I paid for this bad behavior by working late trying to finish crap that I didn't get done because I didn't come in early.

Blows, dude.

No comments: