Sunday, August 17, 2008

Man, it's hot

I've been afraid to look around the library to see what melted this year. I think we hit 99 outside yesterday, which means it was about 105 up here. Window fans sort of help, but not really. I mostly just stay out of the upstairs for as long as possible.

Events of the weekend -- I'm down to a count of 45 on the platelets again. Why? They don't know why. The doctor gives me this perplexed look like "Gee, that's kind of nutty. What do you think?" Like I'm the one who went to med-school. I'll say it again, House would have totally figured this out by now. Can't these doctors get the team assembled and start writing on the chalkboard? Anyway, I go back on Friday and if the platelets have gone down more I get stuck with this thing -->
Can't. Wait.

Lucky for me, it goes in through the back so I don't have to watch it, but, honestly, the idea of it is kind of creeping me out. But if it rules out leukemia, I guess I'm down with it. It's only if the platelets drop. If they hold at 45 then I'm told I might "just be one of those people with chronic ITP" -- which sounds friendly, like being one of those people who just likes dogs over cats.

Other events -- we have a Playstation 3 because it plays Blu-Ray discs, and I'm not one of those people who normally notices a difference between this player and that and sound and what's detailed on the screen and blah blah blah, but, boy-o, you can count the pores on Bruce Willis' face in Die Hard. It's a trip. I can't wait to watch The Hunt for Red October. And playing the Beijing 2008 game is equally as exciting as watching it ... take that however you like. I can't wait to take the cousin/roommate on in Fight Night Round 3.

No comments: