Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Thank You Post

I'm sitting here, eating some very tasty granola ---- "Li'l Hateful, you don't like nuts and raisins. What made you open the bag?""I was curious.""And now?""Now I'se in heaven." ---- wrapped up in a hand-woven prayer/lap rug with the rice bag across my lumbar spine and a Topsy Turban on my head, and I'm thinking:

I've got some very special friends.

Yeah, seriously, granola. I took a chance, Deep Fry, because it's not usually my thing unless it's in a foil-wrapped bar and there are kooky little marshmallows in it. But, boy-o, am I glad I chanced it. I feel like a complete mook to have gone this long without eating real, un-sugar processed granola. Then again, like Sara, who got me to eat her candy prunes, I'm thinking I only like this because it came from you and a bag bought at Trader Joe's would disappoint.

Thank you to everyone who has been chipping in through the PayPal and otherwise. I'm seriously trying not to use it for medical bills, but they tallied up January and it's not pretty. I have used about $30 to buy (2) Topsy Turbans for when I start the abraxane ... although I'm wearing them now because I'm tired of brushing my kinky wiry hair:


Good times. It will all work out. It will all work out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! i'm so glad you like it! and rest assured, you can maintain your dislike of raisins - those are dried cranberries.

i'm going to send more. it's fun and easy to make. are there certain nuts you prefer (i personally detest walnuts, brazil nuts and pecans)? flavors you like (ginger? chocolate?)?

li'l hateful said...

Oh my God! They are cranberries! YAY! That must be why I like them.

Oh. pfft. The card. okay. I'll look at the card first next time.