Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Taking Two for the Team

Platelet Count: 27

Okay, not great, but going the right way. Small victories, people. Small victories.

Had a long talk with the doctor --- well, long-ish for him; he's not a talker --- and asked more about the progression and it's not so bad really. The existing lesions had "minimal" growth, which is tolerable, but what worried him was the new spot that showed up on the left something-or-other, which I assume is in or around my pelvis area where the MRI was looking. This is new as of August, so it's what made him decide that treatment #2 was a dud.

The PET scan was a little more troubling, but since it's a comparison to a scan in March I kind of expected that there was going to be some new stuff on it anyway. What I didn't know was that Bitey, the primary tumor, has also decided to grow again (nuts), but it's decided not to turn my skin red anymore (yay) so balance, I guess.

Balance. Balance.

Got another Zometa infusion and then took a double-shot, one on each cheek-side, of the Faslodex. If you're counting, friends, that's 4 needles. FOUR. Blood draw, Zometa, and badda-boom badda-bing.

Oddly enough, I feel pretty good this morning. Faslodex not only works on cancer but is clearing up my cold as well. God bless medical science.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Did the nurse heat up the Faslodex for you? Dag about bitey. And about the other activity on the what's-it.

li'l hateful said...

She did, God love 'er. And it was a double, as recommended by the ladies at breastcancer.org -- although I didn't follow any of the "stance" advice I'd been given, deciding it was best to just lean up straight against the wall instead of bending over the sink. (Sorry, too much info?)