Friday, July 16, 2010

Summer of Slam

I'm posting this at work, which means it's dead slow and the formatting may be all screwy. I'm just sayin' so's you know. You can let it dangle.

MRI yesterday. Results July 26th. Can I wait that long? Sure. I don't want to hear anything about cancer on my birfday. I get a whole week next week of no doctors. I had one of those kinds of weeks last month and I'm beginning to like the feeling. So snap to you, health sciences!

What will I have on my birfday? Well, I'm glad you axed. My birthday dinner be Trader Joe's Ultra Chocolate Ice Cream. No. That's it. That's all I want. Maybe some Orangina, but probably not. But tomorrow is the real treat: Denny's Grand Slam Breakfast.

It's been about 20 years since I've had one and I've been exercising and eating salads all week in preparation for the feast. I feel good. I feel strong. I feel like I can handle the double meat, the double stack, the double eggs, the coffee and the orange juice. The Grand Slam is a proud warrior, strong like bull, but I'm going to do everything I can to drop it to the mat and finish every portion with extreme prejudice.

Later, sure, I may throw up. But until then, I predict VICTORY!

3 comments:

reverend dick said...

Uh, you know about the "slamburger", right?

li'l hateful said...

Noooooooo what's a "slamburger"? Wait, if I say that does it mean my little brother will automatically punch my arm?

reverend dick said...

Not at all! you are in for a gutbusting treat; the slamburger is a grandslam stacked on a burger.

How is this not famous? It's incredible!