Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Who's Number 1? Who's Number 1?

We are.

Cousin/Roommate and I almost didn't go into work on time today and probably shouldn't have because I had to watch .... sorry that's "watch" the second half of the US v. Algeria match through Yahoo, which updated at a speed I was not accustomed to nor patient with, and all the while I'm popping back and forth between the games because I had resigned myself to pull for Slovenia --- come on, you guys, equalize and top them. It's England. For cryin' out loud --- since we were getting screwed on fake penalties again, but Slovenia wouldn't seal the deal and put the ball in the net --- just put the ball in the net! --- and then it was 90 minutes in and Yahoo is not giving me the extra time number on our game and it's not telling me what's happening and some jerk calls needing the phone number to a company that makes toilet paper and suddenly I hear the mouthy Christian co-worker shouting "Did you hear that! We got a goal!" and of course I don't believe her because she thinks dinosaurs are mythology and the health care system works fine and of course I can't hear it, even though her radio when it plays Christian rock is mighty loud, but I've got toilet paper guy going on and on in my ear and all I hear is how he can't get through to the toilet paper company and how that's somehow my fault even though we don't f**king make toilet paper and I can't get the score confirmed through puttering slow Yahoo and I'm about to throw up on my desk when FINALLY.

Whew. We win. We win and I can breathe again and I can believe mouthy Christian co-worker on this one thing only because she was right this time, not just right-wing.

And the harmony of the universe is restored.

No comments: