Friday, June 11, 2010

See the seas with the Cs

Platelet count: 96

Yeah, I know. What the hell? I'm down to 1 steroid a day and suddenly my platelet count is double it's usual number? What's that about? The doctor was very happy this time, but I'm dubious --- not just because of that Catholic you-can't-be-too-happy-our-you'll-be-sorry thing, which is part of it, sure, but it's just weird to have them jump up that high after doing nothing different AND after being so sick last week. Meh, I'm moving on. I go back in 2 weeks and I'm on a steroid every other day now. We'll see.

For now, I'm having a beer this weekend while I watch the World Cup.

I also maxed-out my insurance this week so I don't have to pay for anything anymore. YAY! I even got a $200 check back from the anesthesiologist, which is nice because that sucker was taking me for $820! So now he only takes me for $620 ... it's fine. Anyway, I told the doctor to scan whatever he wanted from now until December because I don't get the bill. This means another PET scan when I get my next breast MRI, so I don't have to be wondering all the time about the bone spots. Now I just have to pay off all that other stuff.

So, sorry, I meant to post this yesterday for everyone who likes to keep up, but I got caught up watching the first disc of Party Down ("Are you a f**k up or an achiever?""I guess I'm a f**k up") and tonight we've been enjoying the 24-hours of Jacques Cousteau on Turner Classic Movies. I only just broke away because I don't really like the one on coral reefs. It all brings back the good memories of junior high and watching the episodes on sharks and whales and how we always hoped the science teacher would have the hidden treasure episode on the projector even though it wasn't science. But mostly it brought back memories about how we all had a crush on dreamy-eyed Phillipe.

Jacques, Phillipe and Jean-Michel Cousteau

I also love that this photo comes from a blog about Rolex watches: Jake's Rolex World. The Cousteau post is long, but rewarding. I highly recommend it.

Ah Phillipe...

2 comments:

Hilary said...

I caught a little of it. Was a dull section about what they did when on land. Oooo, I see what you mean about Phillipe. And the platelet count: I knew you could do it! O.K., no I didn't, and no there's no explanation, but I still say you can't keep a good woman down.

li'l hateful said...

You know, Phillipe Jr. isn't hard to look at either: http://www.topnews.in/files/images/Philippe-Cousteau.jpg. I'm just sayin'...