Friday, April 09, 2010

Why can't it be Candyland?

Down down down, then up up up ----- so school, cancer, life really, it's just Chutes & Ladders, isn't it?


Nice meeting with the doctor yesterday. Yet again, I didn't write anything down and then went and had a margarita afterward because it seemed like a good idea at the time. Other people wrote things down so maybe they'll fill in with a guest spot later.

So no mastectomy. Gynogirldoctor said yes, but oncologicancer doctor said no, because what the chemo was going to do, hormone therapy will do instead. Why not hormone before? Well, before, when it wasn't in my bones and it was just in this lumpy thing on the left, chemo would be the faster shrinker-upper, but the side effects really blow. But hormone therapy is better all-around, even though it means removing my ovaries (no more period boo hoo hoo) and early menopause and all the fun stuff that comes with that (what? no more period?!? YOU BASTARDS. why is it so hot in here?), but I keep my hair, I don't throw up all the time, my tumors still shrink, I get to keep the girls (we're back to lumpectomy) and I buy into 2 more years of life on this Earf.

Yes, you bet I can vote in the next election. Just you watch me, bi....ches.

If treatment goes really well that 2 years becomes 10+ and I'll be just like the rest of you mugs waiting for the Rapture to happen so we can have our choice of cars on the freeway.

So, yeah, sure there are a lot more details to it than that. We were in there almost an hour, but I have no idea what the details are. I only know the good parts. The bottom line is ("Oh, God, I hate that phrase ... we're not in retailing") I've already out-lived Keats, Irving Thalberg and all the Brontes and I'm catching up to Robert Louis Stevenson.

Cycling may return in summer after bone build-up. X-rays today on arm and hip; MRI on Monday on the spine-y portions. Do you hear me calling, Gianni?

2 comments:

Karen said...

This sounds better than your last post. May the hormones do their thing. I enjoy reading your writing.

reverend dick said...

I hear you.