Saturday, April 03, 2010

A Movie Nearly Every Night: In the Loop

In the Loop (2009)
Dir. Armando Iannuci
Starring: Peter Capaldi, Tom Hollander, Gina McKee, James Gandolfini, Chris Addison


We'll make this easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy. Here are 3 reasons you need to see this movie:

1. "Was it you, the baby from Eraserhead?"
2. "I can see the headlines now. 'Peace-Loving General Starts Brawl in U.N., Swiss Intervene.' I don't know, I'm no expert on spin, but that could hurt your career."
3. "You get sarcastic with me again and I will stuff so much cotton wool down your fucking throat it'll come out your arse like the tail on a Playboy bunny."

I'd list more, but there are too many and it's much better to hear them spray forth from Peter Capaldi's growling mouth than to read them on a page. There are also some surprising supporting people -- like where has Mimi Kennedy been all these years? She's really great and seems to get only bits and pieces in movies and TV. Thank God she's in this.

It's a cathartic little film. I feel better now and it's giving me a lot of fun response lines for tense situations ("You're an idiot. Or are you a fake idiot?").

Okay, that's all. Oh, wait, one more thing.

"Fuckety bye then."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just netflixed it

li'l hateful said...

In all honesty I have to own up to cheating on the quotes. They fly so fast that I had to look them up on IMDB to thrown them in the blog. Yesterday I kept looking for a chance to use lemon difficult or "I wish I could punch you into paralysis."