Friday, April 23, 2010

The cancer ward just got cool

I've posted before about how my friend SA Mahoney has earned a place in heaven for her inspired gift-giving. The Chinese Culture Poker Cards? Come on... I never thought that could be topped. Never. With the idea that I'd be going in for chemo she sent up a Nintendo DS, which I can't put down --- that stupid Professor Layton game is driving me crazy. I still can't draw the BIG 5-pointed star that will get me into the park. Why? Why?

And to help inspire me to build strength she also sent 5 discs of The Bionic Woman.

Jaime undercover as a woman wrestler ... no, really

Goofy undercover work, bending bars, slow-motion running, Max the German Shepherd -- is there anyone better out there, any better heroines for a little girl, than bionic schoolteacher Jaime Sommers? I don't think so. I swear, each show we've watched so far has hooked into this television-type acid flashback and I know it immediately: Jaime goes to Vegas, Jaime gets taken over by look-alike Lisa (poor confused Lisa), and, the best of all, Jaime vs. the Fembots.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, dear God, nooooooo

We've already watched "Kill Oscar" about 3 times now. Can't get enough. This episode used to scare the s*** out of the cousin/roommate when he was a kid. He still carries a fear that someone, somewhere is going to rip off their face and reveal a robot underneath (my money's on John Saxon or one of the Kardashians). I know of at least one mother who has admitted to being a fembot, so they're out there, friends.

Fembots, weather disasters, Steve Austin and one very ticked-off Oscar-bot make "Kill Oscar" the best ever episode in the series.

Oscar gets his action on.

Of course mention needs to be made of the fashion, and while I know this is supposed to focus on The Bionic Woman, special attention has to be paid to style of Col. Steve Austin.

"A jumpsuit? Really, Steve."

The polyester gabardine combination getting a Geiger checkout.
Affirmative: it's a hot outfit

half of a possible full Cleveland -- belt? shoes?

Jaime's no slacker, but her best outfits are the most functional, like her lab running clothes here (with sloppy Dr. Rudy Wells ... scientists, yeesh).

Finally, someone with a long torso that girls like me can look up to and admire

Or the leisure wear/action wear ensemble suitable for lying around the house or jumping from 4th floor windows. You can't see them very well in the photo, but she's wearing white ballet slippers. Soooooooooooo cool.


But, cute little robots need their activity time too and we have just the thing for you to wear. Anyone for bionic handball?

awwwwwwww

2 comments:

Wuh said...

GAH! That Fembot's "face plate" is every bit as freaky as I remember. The icky speaker-mouth, the flat nose dock, the way her hair and surrounding skin looks so (relatively) normal........je-sus. The nightmare of my childhood, back in full color.

Mother will be so displeased.

I'm going to go hide now.

Hilary Hart said...

Eee-Gad! Mal used to race from the room when any face-plate malfunction was afoot.

So glad you got the Geiger to the crotch shot. Really priceless.