Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Obsession

Having a hard time getting around to movie watching lately because I've been trying to finish reading Moby-Dick. (Oddly enough Val was reading the same book on Knots Landing a few nights ago. Fact fiction fiction fact.)

Now, don't get me wrong, it's a good book and I like it -- who knew that's how they got oil from a whale's head? Crazy. But I'm on Chapter 130 and the title character has yet to put in a real appearance. Oh, you hear about him plenty. He tears up boats, eats people's legs, rips a guy's arm off --- but he's like Keyser Soze or Rollo Tomasi. You wait wait wait wait wait and it's turning me into Ahab. Each chapter I'm shouting out "Hast seen the white whale?"


Only 50 pages left. If it turns out that he pulls off his whale mask and it's really Ahab underneath ... well, at this point I wouldn't be at all surprised.

No comments: