Monday, February 01, 2010

Family

My grandmother, Ruth Frangione, passed away last week. She had 9 children and about 45 combined grandchildren and great-grandchildren, and we all came out to Torrance to say goodbye. It was sad. It was happy.

My grandmother loved to take pictures, and everyone brought a camera. We took pictures for her.

Jimmy Stephens

Annie, mom (Louise) and Margie: "You can take a picture, but NO bodies!"

the nephew, Rocco. yes, he really is that cute.

Bob Frangione

brothers and sisters: Tony, Bethie, Annie, Bill, Bob, Margie, Mary, Louise, John

In order by age ...

... and "The Finger" picture
Mary, Louise, Bob, Bethie, Bill, Annie, Margie, Tony, John

cousin Mike (being cool)

My dad with his grand-daughter Francesca (being silly)

the principessa

cousins Dan and Mike hanging out with Matt, my wee brother

the grandchildren

Amy Stephens

the children as children -- their kindergarten pictures
(mom hates hers because she looks like Princess Leia)

Rest in heaven, my grandmother

She goes with her rosary and her Kobe Bryant bobbleheads

and I will miss her.

More pictures will post to Flickr (the link is on the right called "Mine").

No comments: