Sunday, November 01, 2009

"We all come out like it's Halloween!"

It all started with pumpkin carving and media, featuring a classic episode of Starsky & Hutch...

John Saxon loves you. A lot.

... and some actual carving of pumpkins.

We call the big one Blighty

In preparation for Friday, we watched a little Star Trek on Bluray...

Carving table and Spock preparing to mind-meld with the pizza monster in the background

... because it was a Sci-Fi theme this year. Our hostess was The Corpse Bride.

Our host was Khan.


Which made things a little difficult when the cousin/roommate showed up as Kirk.

Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiirk --- KHAN!

I was a red shirt -- nameless, first to die, etc... My space-age backup is Leela (Professor Fransworth is in the background).

What Sci-Fi theme is complete without The Matrix? I think we all agreed that this was the best costume of the night.

There were cocktails that tasted like Kool-Aid, which led to my all but tipping the punch bowl into my mouth, only to find out from The Corpse Bride that she kept getting distracted while adding the vodka so she wasn't sure how much was in it.

By midnight, things were not pretty.

Yep, that's a corn cob tobacco pipe. I smoked it. I felt it the next day, you betcha.

For more photos check out Wuh Haecker's Flickr link on the right. Eventually I will post ours on the Mine link. (I'll get around to it. I will.)

No comments: