Saturday, May 09, 2009

Sweet righteousness

So, I had to photo this sports event for the photo journalism class, right? And it's Spring, right? So there's plenty of sports out there, right? Oh except for the ones in other parts of the state and ones that I didn't get a media pass for and the ones that happen on Monday when I have the samurai class. Oh yeah, and then there are the ones that I went to.

AYSO soccer. Friends, don't let anyone tell you that little league is where you get the angry parents. I have never heard someone tell a kid "Now you know what fear will do to you" as an admonishment. Not even my dad said crap like that and he used the old "stop crying or I'll give you something to cry about" line. I mean, think about it, this ball is coming for your head and this other kid's ready to kick it and your head, so, yeah, maybe you're going to be afraid, especially if you haven't reached your growth spurt yet and the guy bearing down on you looks like Baby Huey. Do these adults, responsible parents and guardians, care? Hell no.

GET UP! DON'T JUST LAY THERE!
(uh, coach, he's lying there, not laying there)

Then I sat down and filled out my exit questionnaire on the student loan only to come face to face with mortality issues: "Wait, so I have to pay this amount for 10 years or this amount for 25 years and in 25 years I'll be on whatever's left of Social Security, so ... ... Jesus." I had to put down 2 friends as contacts for people who would know where I was in 3 years, which means if I gank on the loan you'll get a call. You can solve for yourself who those 2 friends are. I will pay you in pie if you get hasselled by the gub'ment. I promise ... just like I promise to pay off the loan.

suckers.

No comments: