Thursday, December 04, 2008

Ladies and Gentleman, I'm a Cook!

Saw my name in print yesterday. I like the taste of it.

Reporting is still an irritating job, but so is answering questions about erasers, so maybe I'll do both one day. Can't quit the cash cow in favor of a dying medium. But there's something really satisfying about telling someone "I'm Li'l Hateful from the Sentinel -- did you mean what you said about the governor being a big fat liar?" and then seeing "xxx says the governor is 'a big fat liar'" in the paper.

Not that my story included that line ... because it didn't fit and she just said he was "inaccurate" not a liar, but still...

Watched Harold and Maude for class last week. I've seen it about 40 times and it makes me cry every time. Our little Harold ...

I don't think he's a nihilist.

I'm just sayin'.

One more day and then finals and then I can concentrate on important things like blogging. Sweah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool...was it your puhleece dog story?

li'l hateful said...

No, it's this standard story about the Cottage Grove school board and how they've got to cut out a lot of junk because they've got no money.

But still, it's got my name on it, so I'm on my way down there now to nick about 10 copies of the paper. Hope this links in:

http://www.cgsentinel.com/V2_news_articles.php?heading=0&page=72&story_id=3537