Saturday, September 27, 2008

Suburban Outfitters

Moved in, wired, and the clothes in the closet are arranged by color, although it'll be another month before the books are put up again. But the coffee maker and kettle are plugged in and working on the kitchen counter and that's all that's important.

So far we have not been interrupted at night by screaming, yelling or barfing in the street outside, so I can't really find it in me to miss the old place much. The new landlord over there didn't like my color scheme in the library/bedroom anyway ("blue, white, green -- like a tennis court, you see?" "Huh. I guess."). The weird thing is I have no impulse to paint any of the rooms here. I like the off-white and brown trim look of the place. I'm having trouble imagining all of my art going on the walls as well. I think I may end up keeping it really simple.

I know. Weird.

Debate: Did I or did I not hear McCain say "snatch defeat from the jaws of victory" when referring to the war in Iraq? I don't know. I wasn't really listening anymore at that point because I was irritated by then. We eventually turned it off and watched Juno.

You know, I didn't really get into Juno. No one talks like that -- or do they and I'm just not hip to the lingo? They were all just ... really impolite n' stuff. So we turned that off and watched Black Caesar.

Black Caesar is the superior picture. See it.

Work tomorrow then school on Monday. weeyeeha!

3 comments:

reverend dick said...

Yes!
"I got Black Caesar at the crib. Y'all wanna go watch that?", says Chuck D.
"Yo man, that's a idea we coulda rolled with from the git go.", replies Big Daddy Kane.
"Yeah man, -uck Hollywood.", adds Ice Cube.

Have you watched "Petey Wheatstraw, the Devil's son-in-law" yet? I forget.

li'l hateful said...

I totally forgot. It's now on the Netflix queue (right underneath "Blacula" strangely enough, but before "Sunset Boulevard").

I don't know ... "Juno" ... I just didn't get it. I was blown away by how much better a lower-budget genre pic like "Black Caesar" was by comparison. Does that make the one really bad or the other really good? Or both?

reverend dick said...

Both. I'm with you on the Juno dialogue front. It brings to mind another high school dialog driven movie that did work (for me): "Brick". Try that one, and see if it floats your boat.