Thursday, September 18, 2008

Mater Dei 26 - Edison 58

I don't follow football, and I'd told my high school that I was deceased, but I still felt a one-up on the wee brother when I saw that Mater Dei ranked higher than Edison (Huntington Beach) on the Yahoo Sports top 100. I won't further embarrass the brother by telling everyone that he used to play football for Edison (whoops) and had once shaved his number into the back of his head (was that out loud? Sorrrr-reeeee), but I will embarrass myself by admitting that it was a Mater Dei football game that changed my mind about going to a Cat-olic school. It was the cymbals. I was watching the half-time show and said "Those. One day I'm going to do that. I'm going to play the cymbals." And, lo, the next year I did. If only everything worked out as simply as that.

(Oh, and Servite -- 74. Ouch.)

No comments: