Friday, August 22, 2008

This Is (not) Spinal Tap

So the platelet count held at 45.

Good news: This means no bone marrow biopsy or messy spleen removal. I'm just one of those people with ITP -- and I have found 2 online support groups already. Go figure. The nutty thing is I don't really feel it, and the doctor says there's no problem as long as I stay away from brain surgery and extreme dental work. pfft like ... okay.

Bad news: According to the Platelet Disorder Support Association (who knew?), these things can reduce the ability to clot blood:
beer (especially dark beer --- GUINNESS! NOOOOOOOOOO)
blueberries
chocolate (dark)
garlic/onions
green tea
tomatoes

Basically, anything I like or have on a regular basis. I guess vanilla ice cream isn't so bad. You'd think wine would be okay, but alcohol is on the "can reduce plateletes" list. Life is too fecking unfair.

To celebrate the cousin/roommate and I rented Fight Night 3. Barrera knocked me out, but I went 8 rounds as El Terrible Morales, and, honestly, I let the Baby-Faced Assassin knock me out, so I could see what it was like. It was kind of cool. We toyed with the idea of renting Grand Theft Auto IV, but I'm not sure I'm up to pimpin' hos and cappin' asses yet.

Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: