Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Man, it's cold

Come back, sun! All is forgiven!

Suddenly it's Autumn n' stuff. What the hell happened? Saturday it's 100 outside, Sunday it's thunderbolts and lightning, very very frightening me. Now it's hovering somewhere around 60 outside. Crazy Oregon. My tomatoes are never going to ripen.

Oh, and someone called me "bitch" on the phone yesterday. He wanted to complain, not have his problem solved, apparently, and hung up with a final "BITCH" (or "BEITCH" as they say it in Alabama) -- which proves, yet again, that cowards abound. I'm going to call you a name and slam the phone down before you can respond. That'll show you! I was on fire at first, but the boss doused the flames ("Let it go") before I could do something stupid, like call the guy back, shout "ASSHOLE" and hang up.

Did you know that the longest part of a giant squid is his tentacles? And lantern fish engage in diurnal vertical migration. Good to know.

1 comment:

reverend dick said...

I misread the last sentence to get "the longest part of the giant squid is his testicles." That seemed odd, so I read it again. Yep. I think testicles may be truer.






Beitch.