Friday, February 29, 2008

the cousin was right

So homeless guy has decided to contact my insurance company and make a claim for his bicycle and a "trip to the emergency room."

He says that his leg took the "full brunt of the impact" (lie) and that when he fell over (lie) he landed on his bicycle (lie on top of lie) and wrenched his back (lie lie lie). He also says that a witness saw the whole thing (BIG LIE).

In the 20 minutes while we were talking that witness must have been invisible because I didn't see him or hear him. Maybe he was a ghost like in Topper, out to right a wrong and get his wings. But, gee, it's weird that the Fire Department and Police didn't hear about hobo's injuries or damage. The insurance company can't understand why a report wasn't filed.

So this guy's out to bilk me out of my vast millions and more than anything else it really, really disturbs me that people are as bad as we think they are. That honesty is a dead practice. That help isn't good enough, because someone can squeeze you for more. That he thinks because I have a car and a job that I'm in this comfort zone to cart his load of manure that is his life on the street.

I told Geico that if he was asking for a new bike I wanted his old one. I think that's fair.

2 comments:

reverend dick said...

That guy is a dick.

Will Geico pay up?

Do you know where homeless guy makes his rounds? If it were some people I know, they might reappropriate the new bike (same as the old bike) in the name of Justice, not law. Not that I advocate that sort of thing.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't he know that insurance fraud is a crime? Sick the Gieco dogs on him...they'll take him down a peg or two.

Rev Dick...just read your comments over on sartorialist. (I think we live in the same information village.) Hah...you are right standing pigeon toed is the new cigarette smoking.