Friday, January 04, 2008

Madame Hateful's Predictions for 2008

I will fail Economics. Me + math = wha? Proof of this: I was not short about $300 on my school fees, but over. The amount having just been direct deposited into my bank by my school (which will subsequently be transferred back to the school when I buy all of the books I blew off buying last week -- 5 books for Economics and all over $70 ... used. What a racket. There's also a new edition of the film book I bought last year, which either means they've kept it current with recent examples and I'm f**ked, or they changed 2 words in Chapter 5 and they're just out to make a buck).

Cat will get better. I know, this is really dopey hopeful, but she chirped at birds the other day and this morning remembered that hitting the alarm clock is what wakes me up (she tries to hit it herself to make me get out of bed and feed her). She's still limpy and sleepy, but maybe the Barry Bonds are working finally. I've never had a pet die on me, or have had to personally consider taking them down the long walk. That was always dad's job. These have been strange days.

The political vision is very fuzzy. Though if Fred Thompson wants to run for President I think the field should be opened up to Scott Glenn, Courtney B. Vance, Alec Baldwin or any of the other memorable actors from "The Hunt for Red October." I'd vote for Jonesy in a half-minute. ("Con-sonar-crazy Ivan!")

I predict it will be rainy in Oregon this year.

That is all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sam Neil for Pres - so what if he was born in Northern Ireland.

Anonymous said...

Hah...when I read your list of potential candidates the first name that popped into my head was San Neil. And here I see someone beat me to it. Anywho, he'd make a fine pres.

li'l hateful said...

Dude, if only. I'd be all over Sam Neill for president -- erm, I mean all over in my support of him for president. He could run the country from his rabbit farm in Montana ...