Thursday, October 04, 2007

posting to please my friend Jeff

Up late doing what? Doing what? Picking a flipping ring tone for my phone, that's what.

I wanted it to be something that I liked, but could stand to listen to every time it rang. Aerosmith's Sweet Emotion would fill category A, but I know by call #4 I'd be kicking myself for loading it at $2.50 a pop -- man! that's how they stick it to you. That and the games. Why why why? Sony only charges $.99 and you get the whole song! Virgin is most unfair. And they don't have "Love is Like Oxygen" by Sweet, so what's the point?

Anyway, now that I have a phone I can set up interviews with the mayor of Eugene or one of the dozens of oddly scented folk who people our downtown plaza. Do I care about the outcome of Ballot Measure 20-134? Only in so far as it will rate me a decent grade in J203. Does that make me a bad citizen? Probably. I was actually verbally kicked at last night during the town hall meeting when I dared to raise my hand as "undecided" during the straw poll. Feck me! I'm a journalist, man! I don't take sides. But that's not the Eugene way. Four of us were undecided and I think the 3 others were legitimate members of the press. We're objective, right? No bias, blah blah blah ....

Or I just don't care, which is kind of the same thing.

2 comments:

Mr. Bascomb said...

Now that's what I'm talkin' bout. And, you give em hell Ace. Just remember what Kirk Douglass as Charles Tatum in Wilder's classic, "Ace In The Hole" says. "I can handle big news and little news. And if there's no news, I'll go out and bite a dog." Words to live by.

Man. I wish I could figure out how to change my dang ring tone...I want it to be either the theme to "The Odd Couple" or the audio from this clip...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbqra7kRXbk&mode=related&search=

li'l hateful said...

Duuuuuuuuuude I almost loaded the Odd Couple theme, but I was afraid it would make me manic. Same with Beethoven -- "STOP STOP Where's that damn phone?!?"