Friday, July 13, 2007

Training for the BIG WEEK

This is from a Golden Boy press conference call with 42 year-old Bernard Hopkins, who fighting next weekend in Mandalay Bay, Vegas:

I think that, you know, in the course of Bernard Hopkins being native born (ph), something split inside my system that, you know, that I guess extended where I’m at. I’m saying it’s like when you’re young, you know, you ate the bad foods, the candy bars, and stuff like that. I figured this is genetics; I figure it comes all the way back to genetics, and also taking care of yourself, and also being a guy that, you know, understands the sport, the physical part of the sport.

A strange and yet inspiring note for those of us turning 40. It's genetics. That's all. And taking care of yourself ... even though you ate junk as a kid. But take care of yourself now and genetics will see you through ... and understanding the physical part of the sport, which I do ... I just don't actually do it. But I understand it.
Amen.

He also said Winky's calling him a "dirty fighter" is sending out a subliminal message "that if things get rough and if things get tough, that he’s going to be a bitch that and he’s going to start crying" hahahahahahaha

Man, I loves the Executioner. He can be a dirty fighter sometimes tho'... Think there's a chance I'll run into him on the Strip? Mom once met Larry Holmes at Caesar's Palace, so I'll take her along. She's got Vegas-Boxer luck.

Last day of work and then tomorrow I'll celebrate with a trip to Wienerschnitzel in Huntington Beach. WHOO HOO!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo indeed! Have an amazingly swell time, lilhateful, and let B-Hop know he is most certainly the bomb if you see him!

We'll have to celebrate your birth when you get back, ok? OK!


"Oh look-it's a wuh for Wendy"

li'l hateful said...

Yes yes -- need to see how we can be top of the list for some of the Flicks n' Picks DVDs coming into the libarry. I can't believe they closed F&P. Mal's going to the sale Sunday Sunday SUNDAY to see if he can score Kurosawa's "Drunken Angel" (video only) and some Russ Meyer pics that the City of Eugene will probably pass on (if they have any sense of decency -- won't somebody think of the children!). See you when I'm old.

Anonymous said...

Off the floor by 40.

Hey, e-mail me the new address so that the UPS guy will know where to find yew (you).