Thursday, February 08, 2007

Never Mind the Bloggocks

Thought I'd post, although I like seeing my grandmother looking swanky ... and it puts that catchy "Shanghai Lil" in my head. Days before I kept singing "Pettin' in the Park" so it's a nice change.

It's in my head again. I've been lookin' HIGH and I've been lookin' low ... lookin' for my Shanghai Lil.

Also in my head is the idea that some of my friends rank the Pope with the devil in his capacity for evil. I don't know why I was thinking of this, but I was ... maybe it was the presentation on Lazio that we had this week in Italian class, but it made me think of psychics who don't use their power to win the Lotto. You know, if the Pope is so powerful why have we only had 1 Catholic president and, sure, wasn't he shot while in office? Fahhhhhhhh I say. The Pope is no bigger than the Queen Mum in terms of political power.

Which made me think of the Queen Mum, which made me think of "Taggart" (apparently it was her favorite show), which made me think of the TV detectives class where I need to somehow namedrop characters from "77 Sunset Strip" (Stu ... Kookie) and "Hawaiian Eye" (Cricket and ... who was that other guy? ... that Robert Conrad guy ... right the "local" Tom Lopaka ... thanks IMDB) into my paper about Philip Marlowe. Which made me think of how that weird TV channel the American Life Network or whatever it's called which has "Harry O" and "Perry Mason" has 2 - count 'em, 2! - Robert Conrad shows on it ("Hawaiian Eye" and "Wild Wild West") and why don't they just sign on "Blacksheep Squadron" and get it done with? Maybe because the Pope isn't powerful enough to change programming and the American So-Called Life Network.

Q.E.D.

Isn't caffeine GREAT?

No comments: