Sunday, October 08, 2006

Not for nuthin' but ...

Why do people still start emails/letters/etc... with the general address "Sir" or "Sirs"?

I mean, I'm no feminist (in that I shave my legs and I wear a bra), but for feck's sake, welcome to the new world, men. Chicks work n' stuff. And "To Whom it May Concern" is preferable, even in it's ambiguity, than "Sir".

By the way, I'm at work. It's Sunday. Usually I get this day to myself, all 8 hours. I wear scrappy clothes and work while listening to the Sony pod. I often sing along with Abba, albeit not in key (or even close to key), but it doesn't matter because with the pod on I can't hear myself and that's fine. This morning, in particular, I did not wear makeup even though I have dry patches and red splotches on my face due to the climate change. My hair is not combed.

So far 5 people have come in, including my boss, who showed up while I was starting this post.

I ask you, is that fair?

No comments: