Saturday, October 21, 2006

My Best 'Feined

It started with Deep Fry's confession and was compounded by a discussion at work about why we get headaches on the weekends. I decided that I'm quitting caffeine.

Okay, not entirely. Like smoking, the plan is to continue with it socially. I'll be a social caffeine drinker. I already feel brighter and lucid and the withdrawal syndrome really only carried through until Tuesday. After that everything was really great. I wasn't half as irritable as I usually am and I was getting a lot of stuff done.

One week later: Saturday. I slept in late and woke up without a headache. Bene. I don't need that 5:00 am cup. I'll be okay.

And then I went on a bender. I had 2 cups of coffee this morning at 9 am and I'm still buzzing at 2:40 pm. I want to concentrate on Italian, but after 30 seconds of it I'm restless and need to do something else. Even posting this is making me manic because it's taking TOO DAMN LONG to finish.

Demon, demon 'feine.

4 comments:

Deepfry said...

ohmy. i wouldn't have posted if i'd known it would lead you to such MADNESS!!!!

li'l hateful said...

J'accuse...!

Lesli Larson said...

I'm shocked and hurt. How could you give up the one decent thing worth drinking on this earth?! No more salted caramels for you..

li'l hateful said...

okay okay! I had coffee again today.

I feel like such a tool.