Monday, September 11, 2006

September 11th, 2001

- I remember not being able to wake up my roommate and boyfriend to tell them about it because she slept with ear plugs and he was clearly worn out from their marathon sex (in the bathroom, the bastards) the night before.
- That afternoon I was reprimanded at work for placing a Red Cross donation jar on my desk. I was told I needed to get it approved by management first. I never actually took it down, because giving-in would be chicken, but no one put money in until the boss said it was okay.
- That night I came home to a note in our mailbox saying that we were evicted from the house so the landlady could move her son in. He needed a stable home environment to win custody of his kids.
- It was the day my plane tickets arrived for visiting Eugene. Four weeks later I was living here.

These are my September 11th memories. God bless Amurca.

No comments: