Friday, March 31, 2006

someone saved my life tonight ... and it may have been andre 3000

Match.com keeps getting a plug in my life this week -- so and so met their husband on match.com; so and so met their girlfriend on match.com, match.com-this, match.com-that ... So I went on it and started the profile.

Before submitting it, I checked out the photos of men in my area.

And I remembered back to the days when I lived in LA and went on Yahoo personals and how some of the replies were good and some absolutely the craziest thing ever ("I work out, so sex with me will be very good for you"); and how some people look good on paper and can turn out to be pretty horrible in person. I thought of the date set-ups, the co-worker dates, the blind dates, and the countless boys at church my mom thought would be "nice".

So I'm looking at these guys and I'm trying to come up with a "header" for my profile and I was thinking of using "Eats shoots and leaves," but I didn't think it would go over the right way, because they all look so regular and nice and you want to give them a chance, but not one of them is going to understand how I can make puns on the name "Vic Tayback" ... and on the Sony bean, I hear Andre 3000 sing "You think you got it, But got it just don't get it."

Fecking hell, he's totally right.

But seperate's always better when there's feelings InvooooooOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOooooooOOOOOlved
If what they say is ["Nothing is forever"]

Then what makes, Then what makes, Then what makes

Then what makes, Then what makes LOOVVEEE?

[Love exception] So why you, why you

Why you, why you, why you are we so in denial

When we are not happy heeeerrreeee...

Y'all don't want me here you just wanna dance

amen, brother.

3 comments:

Deepfry said...

oh dear, please do keep us updated on this process. my friend talked me into signing up for The Onion personals...but i haven't activated my profile. but she lives in baltimore and this whole Onion thing is keeping her quite busy.

li'l hateful said...

The Onion may be an option, although Eugene is still a gamble.

Couldn't find Vegemite in time for the race Sunday, but I'm still tempted to pop into the Kiva and give it a go. There are some interesting recipes on the vegemite website: http://www.vegemite.com.au/index.cfm?fuseaction=Dinner.welcome

Taij said...

Yeah, let me know how it goes too. If it works for you then I might also try it (Match.com, not vegemite. I have tried that already and I wouldn't recommend it).